Friday, March 18, 2011

Listening to my body.........

Slowing down, resting.......sometimes it is very hard to do but it is something we need to do. It has only happened once or twice before where I have been running on caffeine and not much sleep and my body just says “no more”. My body starts to feel like I am getting the flu and that my body is just so sore and heavy that all I want to do is lie down and sleep.

This has been me this week. As you can tell from my last posts I was so excited to get my D-Fine 8 in the post and was having 1 a day to give me a little boost as my workouts were suffering because I was a little tired.

By the 4th day of trying it, it didn’t seem to be working. So I had another drink and then coffee etc but couldn’t believe that I was still feeling so exhausted. Then by Sunday afternoon my body had had enough and I couldn’t move. Hubby told me I have been doing too much and that I needed to rest. He went out for the night and I ended up going to bed at 7pm as soon as I put Tyler down.

I woke around 6am and STILL felt tired. I napped for the next 2 days every time Tyler did and I can finally say that only yesterday did I feel normal again. It took 3 days of sleeping and NOT working out to give my body a break and I feel like myself again. During this time I also did not have any caffeine at all. Surprisingly I did not feel the side effects (most probably because I was sleeping so much lol).
So I am glad to be back on board and will do some cardio tomorrow and then weight train on Sunday.

Diet has still been good and hopping on the scales this morning I was unfortunately still the same hopefully by the weekend I will be down at least 1kg!!!

I thought it was time for some photos. I have not taken any since the first ones I took straight after having Tyler. I knew there would be a huge difference and I was not wrong. It was actually hard to look at my first photos again, the photos do not lie!!! I have never been that big (or anywhere near that big). Next time I am pregnant these photos will go up on my wall.

I still have a LONG way to go but I am getting there.

I will load my progress photos tomorrow so stay tuned.

Happy Training xx

No comments:

Post a Comment